Boarding & PlayCare
Fun For Your Top Dog…Peace Of Mind For You
Our policies, procedures, employee training and facility are all designed to ensure
SAFETY, CLEANLINESS, COMFORT, FUN and CONVENIENCE.
SAFE & CLEAN
- Comprehensive dog language & group play training system for all employees; safety first & foremost
- Temperament assessment of all dogs; small-sized play groups are assigned daily and contain only dogs of similar age, size and/or energy
- Vaccines for Rabies, Bordetella & Distemper are strictly enforced
- State-of-the-Art air replacement system helps eliminate potential for airborne pathogens
- Hourly/Daily/Weekly cleaning & sanitizing protocol
- Filtered water (easier on kidneys and digestive system)
- Spacious, clean, private suites; all-day play (or not, if preferred)
- Shared suites available for the little guys; all-day play (or not, if preferred)
- Multiple, air-conditioned/heated playrooms
- Outdoor exercise runs
- Dogs play only with others they are comfortable being around; smaller, compatible groups = less stress and more relaxed play
- Off-the-ground, orthopedic beds
- Scientifically proven music to enhance relaxation and sound sleeping
- Aromatherapy to ease anxiety
Dogs don’t like surprises… they love to follow a happy, comfortable routine. Here’s a typical day for Boarding dogs at Red Rover:
- Wake to start the day…
- Head outside for a pee+…
- Return to find breakfast prepared and awaiting…
- Rest for about an hour+ (this is a safety precaution to prevent bloat) …
- Join a carefully designed play group – these are dogs that have similar energy and are like in size and age…
- Start winding down with a nice dinner…
- Rest for an hour+…(this is a safety precaution to prevent bloat) …
- Rejoin play group for a little evening play and a last pee+…
- Night, Night – Ahhhh… that classical music is so mesmerizing!
No matter what time your dog arrives for PlayCare, they join an appropriate play group based on age, size and/or energy, and spend the day romping with their friends until Mom or Dad come to pick them up. Our group supervisors are well-trained and give thoughtful attention to each dog.
For PlayCare, a half-day is five hours or less and a whole day is more than five hours. PlayCare is available between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
For boarding, we are very flexible in terms of check-in and check-out times. There are some limitations however:
- Pick-up and drop-off between 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Pick up after 1 p.m. will be charged for that day’s PlayCare
- Hurricane evacuation person and contact information required for stays June through November. If none provided and Red Rover evacuates pets, a $100 evacuation fee plus an additional $25 per night until the pet returns to Hilton Head Island will be incurred.
A Double-Bubble SPAW Experience can be scheduled for boarding or PlayCare dogs.
Need Our Help?
We are available to answer any questions you have!
We Are Ready When You Are!
Red Rover® is on the south end of the island. Easy access from Hwy. 278, Cross Island Parkway and Pope Avenue!
Boarding Drop-off & Pick-up:
6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Sunday
PlayCare Drop-off & Pick-up:
8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday
Grooming & SPAW Services:
DIY Dog Wash:
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday-Saturday