Boarding & PlayCare
Fun For Your Top Dog…Peace Of Mind For You
Our policies, procedures, employee training and facility are all designed to ensure
SAFETY, CLEANLINESS, COMFORT, FUN and CONVENIENCE.
SAFE & CLEAN
- Comprehensive dog language & group play training system for all employees; safety first & foremost
- Temperament assessment of all dogs; small-sized play groups are assigned daily and contain only dogs of similar age, size and/or energy
- Vaccines for Rabies, Bordetella & Distemper are strictly enforced
- State-of-the-Art air replacement system helps eliminate potential for airborne pathogens
- Hourly/Daily/Weekly cleaning & sanitizing protocol
- Filtered water (easier on kidneys and digestive system)
- Spacious, clean, private suites; all-day play (or not, if preferred)
- Multiple, air-conditioned/heated playrooms
- Outdoor exercise runs
- Dogs play only with others they are comfortable being around; smaller, compatible groups = less stress and more relaxed play
- Off-the-ground, orthopedic beds
- Scientifically proven music to enhance relaxation and sound sleeping
- Aromatherapy to ease anxiety
Dogs don’t like surprises… they love to follow a happy, comfortable routine. Here’s a typical day for Boarding dogs at Red Rover:
- Wake to start the day…
- Head outside for a pee+…
- Return to find breakfast prepared and awaiting…
- Rest for about an hour+ (this is a safety precaution to prevent bloat) …
- Join a carefully designed play group – these are dogs that have similar energy and are like in size and age…
- Start winding down with a nice dinner…
- Rest for an hour+…(this is a safety precaution to prevent bloat) …
- Rejoin play group for a little evening play and a last pee+…
- Night, Night – Ahhhh… that classical music is so mesmerizing!
No matter what time your dog arrives for PlayCare, they join an appropriate play group based on age, size and/or energy, and spend the day romping with their friends until Mom or Dad come to pick them up. Our group supervisors are well-trained and give thoughtful attention to each dog.
For PlayCare, a half-day is five hours or less and a whole day is more than five hours. PlayCare is available between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
For boarding, we are very flexible in terms of check-in and check-out times. There are some limitations however:
- Pick-up and drop-off between 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Pick up after 1 p.m. will be charged for that day’s PlayCare
- Hurricane evacuation person and contact information required for stays June through November. If none provided and Red Rover evacuates pets, a $100 evacuation fee plus an additional $25 per night until the pet returns to Hilton Head Island will be incurred.
A Double-Bubble SPAW Experience can be scheduled for boarding or PlayCare dogs.
Voted Gold in Pet Daycare & Pet Boarding
Need Our Help?
We are available to answer any questions you have!
Voted Bronze in Pet Grooming
We Are Ready When You Are!
Red Rover® is on the south end of the island. Easy access from Hwy. 278, Cross Island Parkway and Pope Avenue!
Boarding Drop-off & Pick-up:
6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Sunday
PlayCare Drop-off & Pick-up:
8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday
Grooming & SPAW Services:
DIY Dog Wash:
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday-Saturday